CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS “OKTOBERFEST CONTEST 2012”
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States, who reside in a North Carolina Charter Communications serviceable area, 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Charter Communications Operating, LLC ("Sponsor"), Hickory Downtown Development Association, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. CONTEST TIMELINE & AGE BRACKETS: Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on September 16, 2012 and ends 12:00 a.m. ET on October 6, 2012. The Contest will be separated into two (2) categories: (i) Adult Man, and (ii) Adult Woman
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter this Contest, submit a photograph of yourself dressed in your best German outfit, and follow the instructions located on Sponsor's website located at www.oktoberfestcontest.com. The photograph must have been taken within the prior three (3) months. You may enter only once. All photograph entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. ET on October 6, 2012. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All photographs submitted in the Contest must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the photograph (including the copyright in the photograph) must be owned by the entrant; (b) the photograph must not previously have been published or won any award; (c) the photograph must not depict or refer to any brand or trademark other than those of Sponsor; (d) the photograph must be original; (e) the photograph must not contain any material/pictures that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by Sponsor requires a license or permission from any third party; (f) the photograph may not include any other person other than entrant; and (g) the photograph must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not to post on the Contest website any photograph that Sponsor determines does not comply with these guidelines, to make such changes to any photograph as are necessary to make it compliant, or to require the entrant to do so.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Judges designated by Sponsor will review and assess all photographs based on the following criteria (the "Judging Criteria"), weighted equally: (a) creativity of the German outfit; (b) quality of photograph; and (c) overall impression (the "Judging Criteria"). The entrants whose photographs receive the highest average scores in the Adult Man and Adult Woman categories, respectively, will be the potential winners.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be two (2) Prizes awarded (one (1) to the winner in the Adult Man category and one (1) to the winner in the Adult Woman category). Each prize consists of two (2) VIP Oktoberfest Tent event passes, a personal appearance in Oktoberfest activities determined by Sponsor (including without limitation appearances on stage on October 12, 2012 & October 13, 2012 and participation in a "meet and greet" and/or photo shoot on October 13, 2012) and one (1) Kindle Fire. The Oktoberfest is located at 24 1st Avenue Northeast, Hickory, NC 28601-6205. Partial prizes will not be awarded and each winner must agree to participate in all prize-related activities including both personal appearances and the "meet and greet" in order to receive the VIP Oktoberfest Tent event passes and the Kindle Fire. The approximate retail value of each prize is $200.00 each. The total value of all Prizes to be awarded is $400.00. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities relating to the acceptance or use of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winners. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service by October 8, 2012. The Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded if properly claimed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Only one Winner per household is permitted
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: The Winners may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification), Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within three (3) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If Sponsor cannot contact Winner after three attempts, if a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or if a potential Winner declines to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected.
7. GENERAL TERMS: By entering the Contest, each entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby consents (except where prohibited by law) to the use by Sponsor and its agents and designees of the entrant's photograph, voice, likeness, image, hometown address, contents of the entry form (including without limitation the submitted photograph), name and age, and identifying information that is the subject of the entrant's photograph, including without limitation modifying, altering, excerpting or amending the entrant's photograph, without any further compensation or notice, for promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes, in all media and formats throughout the world. Without limitation of the foregoing, each entrant agrees that Sponsor is permitted to display her/his submitted photograph and name online for public viewing and comment. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in St. Louis, Missouri. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Hickory Downtown Development Association, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; (b) theft, tampering, destruction, loss of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (c) printing, typographical, human, technical or other errors in the printing or publication of any Contest-related materials, the administration of the Contest, or the announcement of the prize; (d) any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible; or (e) any combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control. In the event the Contest is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, entrants release, discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Hickory Downtown Development Association, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants, or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after October 8, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Charter Communications, "Oktoberfest Contest 2012" - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o 1305 10th Avenue Lane SE, Hickory, NC 28602. All requests must be received by November 5, 2012. Official Rules also available at www.oktoberfestcontest.com.
12. SPONSOR: Charter Communications Operating, LLC. 1305 10th Avenue Lane SE, Hickory, NC 28602. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. © 2012 Charter Communications. All rights reserved.